Saturday 4 July 2009

JUST A FEW PHOTOS...

of a happy Toronto Sunday








I only wish I had taken a photo of us eating a hot dog from Leonard Cohen's favourite hot dog stand after seeing the Blue Jays beat the Red Sox (not actually wearing their red socks, very disappointing) at the Skydome on Saturday (I know it's called the Rogers Centre now but it is wrong. Skydome is clearly a superior name conjuring up an image of the Jetsons whizzing up from the Skydome and around the CN Tower in their flying car before heading home to their robot made dinner. Rogers Centre conjures up absolutely nothing, dull, dull, dull).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree, Skydome is a much better name. The Blue Jay's old mascot BJ Birdie was also far superior than their current mascot (I believe his name is Ace).

Anonymous said...

oh, i just remembered that back when it was called the skydome, they also had a cute turtle mascot called domer. i think i still have a stuffed domer somewhere...

Kelly-Jane said...

Your pictures of Toronto are great! Boston too. We went to Toronto in November one year, and it was sooo cold, looks a lot warmer in your pictures :)

Anonymous said...

I still have my Domer Turtle! (well my son does)...we love him....and it will always to the SKYDOME!!!